Convey Reports Record Revenue for Delivery Experience Management Solutions in 2018
Austin, TEXAS – Jan. 29, 2019 – Convey, the leading provider of delivery experience management software, today announced record results for 2018, including a 300 percent increase in year-over-year revenue. The company closed the year with 120 brands that used its software platform to manage more than 116 million shopper experiences, representing 4x growth in delivery exceptions resolved year-over-year.
“The retail industry is undergoing seismic change around what it means to provide a positive last mile delivery experience in the Amazon era,” said Rob Taylor, co-founder and CEO of Convey, Inc. “It takes a talented and dedicated group of people to recognize this challenge as an opportunity, and to help customers convert it into a powerful competitive advantage. I’m extremely proud of our achievements in 2018, paving the way for continued growth and momentum in 2019.”
Other Convey milestones for the year ending December 31, 2018 included:
- Revenues: 317 percent increase in year-over-year revenue.
- Funding: $10 million in funding bringing Convey’s total funding to $25.75 million.
- Customers: 43 percent increase in customers, totaling 120 brands including 5 of the top 10 online US retailers; new wins include Eddie Bauer, Grove Collaborative, Brandless and Brooklinen.
- Ecosystem: new partner program to help brands perfect last mile delivery and expand Convey’s ecosystem of delivery experience management providers in order management, transportation management, flexible warehousing, distributed commerce and more; inaugural members include leading carriers (EFW, Metropolitan), systems integrators and supply chain consultants (Sedlak), and best-in-class technology providers (Manhattan, Magento, Flexe, Shiphawk).
- Products: continuous improvements to Convey’s delivery experience management platform, including:
- Delivery appointment scheduling that simplifies and improves the experience of scheduling large-item delivery for eCommerce shoppers while reducing operational costs. Early adopters have seen upwards of 47% improvement in transit time and 2.6x improvement in appointment booking speed, directly impacting customer satisfaction and retention.
- Case Management for improved retailer and carrier collaboration resulting in more customer promises met or exceeded. Beta users have seen 4x faster issue resolution, improving outcomes and reducing costs.
- Integration of customer data to fuel personalized delivery experiences, such as when a brand might choose to expedite delivery of VIP orders or tailor in-transit messaging based on Convey segmentation data.
- Continued investment in insights and business intelligence to help fuel clients’ strategic decisions around network design and the delivery experience.
- Support for global customers including language localization and the addition of new international carriers.
- Accolades: recognition in two leading industry analyst reports including: IDC Innovators: Geospatial Traceability and Analytics in Supply Chain; and Gartner’s Market Guide for Real-Time Visibility Providers.
- Awards: industry awards for several Convey customers and their projects, including: SDCE 100 (Uncommon Goods); SDCE Pros to Know (Family Leisure), and Retail Information Systems’ IT Pacesetters (Icon Fitness).
- Team Growth: 90 percent growth across US and European operations, including key leadership hires in marketing, business development and human resources, and the addition of tech industry powerhouse Lynn Atchison to Convey’s board of directors, where she will leverage her deep experience as past CFO of Spredfast, Vice Chair/Board Member of the Austin Technology Council, CFO of HomeAway and CFO of Hoovers, among others.
Convey continues to hire and expand operations in all areas of its business, with current openings in engineering, sales, customer success, product and marketing. To learn more and apply visit: getconvey.com/about-convey/careers/.
With delivery expectations skyrocketing, brands cannot leave the critical last mile to chance. Convey’s Delivery Experience Management platform combines real-time visibility, post-purchase experiences, and advanced insights and analytics to create a solution uniquely capable of perfecting last mile delivery. Supply chain and customer experience leaders including Neiman Marcus, Jet.com and Eddie Bauer rely on Convey’s software and expertise to take action to ensure shoppers get their orders how and when they want, resulting in happier, loyal customers and a lower cost to serve. Founded in 2013, Convey is backed by Silverton Partners, Techstars Venture Group, RPM Ventures and based in Austin, Texas. Learn more about Convey at: www.getconvey.com.