As a company and as a product team, our #1 core value is making our customers successful, and building great products is an absolute requirement to that end. Between talking to customers and working with all internal departments at Convey, we are connoisseurs of our customers’ problems and focus all our efforts on building robust, innovative solutions that users love. We have great empathy for our customers and users, and we are happiest when we make something that helps them succeed.
Why We Love It Here
We are a passionate team from diverse backgrounds that have come together to build something great. Sure, we have company paid lunches, happy hours and cool events, but the reason we stay committed is that we all genuinely believe in the vision and the character of the team we have assembled.
Convey is nothing more than the people here each day. While we all come from vastly different backgrounds and experiences, these following values define all of us and are key to how we are building our team:
- We relentlessly pursue customer value
- We thrive on pioneering new ideas
- We do it the right way
Beyond collaborating with a great team, here are more reasons why working here is great:
- Competitive cash, equity, and benefits
- Downtown Austin – parking included
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision, and a 401K program
- Anti-policy vacation time – take it when you need it
Convey is seeking a smart, passionate and collaborative Senior Product Marketing Manager to join our Product team. If you have deep experience in enterprise software, go-to-market strategy and sales enablement, you may be the perfect fit!
In this role, your mission is to up level how Convey takes its products to market. You will become an authority in our product, our customer, and our use cases. Working closely with members of the product, sales and marketing teams, you will define both strategy and tactics to help articulate our value proposition and position our product in market. The net result will be customer and prospect engagement and sales growth.
We believe that becoming great at product marketing is critical to building a great enterprise software company. As the first employee at Convey in the product marketing discipline, you’ll blaze a new trail and help set the standard for how we do things.
- Create the go-to-market strategy for existing products, new products and new product features and lead cross-functional execution plans with Sales, Marketing, and Product.
- Build sales tools and train the sales team so they understand and can articulate product positioning and differentiators, and support sales cycles with messaging and content as needed.
- Collaborate with other members of Product to regularly update the external facing product roadmap; be one of the experts at presenting the roadmap to customers and prospects.
- Create product messaging and collateral, from elevator pitch to detailed specs, which addresses buyer’s needs.
- Develop market intelligence, including strong knowledge of transportation and logistics industry trends and the Convey buyer – persona, behaviors and priorities.
- Develop competitive intelligence, including positioning against our current and future competitors and game planning competitive scenarios as the market develops.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or Marketing.
- 5+ years B2B SaaS Product Marketing experience with a technical understanding of software and a high degree of business acumen.
- Experience interacting with customers, partners, press and analysts.
- Excellence in developing the product ‘story’ that defines and differentiates the products in the marketplace.
- Proven experience successfully launching complex products to sales, partner, and industry in an agile environment.
- Adept at sales training and collaborating with sales.
- Experience gathering customer and market intelligence to inform strategy.
- Comfort leading and working with cross-functional teams.
- Self-starter, high-energy, highly collaborative person with the ability to execute on business go.
- Ability to multitask, change priorities rapidly and work through ambiguity.
- Willingness to travel to customer and prospect meetings, events, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in transportation, logistics and/or retail solutions a plus.
- Previous roles in sales engineering, solutions architecture/professional services, software development or product management a plus.
Convey is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.