2016 has been a tremendous year for Convey, since our official debut of our new brand in May, we have continued to disrupt the delivery space and make a difference in the post-purchase experiences our clients are able to offer. We wanted to share some of our recent milestones as we prepare for another great year in 2017.
This year we have experienced tremendous growth as our team has grown by 250%! Additionally, we’ve added some truly innovative clients to our roster including Jet.com, Build.com, Living Direct, UncommonGoods among others. Our clients are seeing already seeing tremendous results with an average savings of 11% on freight costs, a 22% average reduction in delivery time for large items, and 5x the visibility into shipment exceptions.
In June, we secured a $4.5M Series A round of funding lead by Silverton Partners, with participation from Techstars Ventures, Capital Factory and Corsa Ventures. To date we’ve raised $7.5M in funding to help us improve our development capabilities, increase research activities and grow our team. In June our CEO, Rob Taylor, sat down with Lori Hawkins at the Austin-American Statesman to discuss what this round means for the future of Convey.
We also welcomed Matt Howitt to the executive team this fall as our new VP of Product, highlighted as one of the biggest tech hires by AustinInno. Matt brings over 20 years of experience at growing technology companies to Convey. Matt joined Convey from RetailMeNot where he served as the SVP of Product. We’re looking to expand our team in 2017. Let us know if you’d like to join us as we continue to reinvent the post-purchase consumer experience.
November was yet another exciting month as we launched our Engage solution. Convey Engage is a revolutionary all-in-one logistics command center that allows retailers to take control of the delivery experience by proactively managing in-transit shipments. We were excited to launch Engage just in time for the busy holiday season when retailers juggle more orders and shipment deadlines than any other time of the year. Read more about Convey Engage in Website Magazine.
In December we wrapped up the year with a big win as one of AustinInno’s inaugural 50 on Fire. We’re honored to be included in this prestigious list. See all the other Austin-based winners here.
It was also a big year for delivery in the news! Check out this year’s top stories below:
- Exclusive: Online home improvement retailer expands shipping infrastructure
- As Retailers Face Higher Shipping Rates, Fulfillment Options Can Help
- Will Santa’s helpers deliver gifts in time for Christmas?
- Retail Report Card: Smoother Ending to Choppy Holiday Season
- How free returns on online purchases are crippling retailers
- Delivering Success: Build.com avoids e-commerce headaches with intelligent shipping platform
- Omnichannel’s pervasiveness requires an efficient strategy for processing returns
- Delivery a big part of customer experience, reveals survey
- Delivering A Lasting Impression: How The Delivery Experience Influences Consumer’s Brand Perspective
- Post Sale Consumer Communications Essential
- Shipping Options and Delivery Partners Essential to Winning the eCommerce Battle, Accenture Study Shows
- Why shipment visibility is critical for retailers, carriers and customers
- Missing Delivery Options Cost Online Retailers Billions
- Fast Delivery, Order Transparency Critical To Boosting Brand Trust
Tips for 2017:
- Holiday Delivery Trends: How To Guard Against Disappointment
- 5 Steps to Take Control of the Delivery Experience in 2017
- 5 Ways to Reducing Shipping Costs in the New Year
As we move into 2017, we are extremely excited to see all the difference we can make in the lives of our customers and shoppers. From our team to yours we wish you happy holidays and a happy New Year!